Benefits & Pay
Our career opportunities offer competitive salaries and benefits.
- Multiple assignment options
- All equipment provided
- Take-home car (where applicable)
- Bi-lingual pay incentive
- Specialized unit pay incentive (SWAT, Dive team, Honor Guard)
- Credit union
- Night shift differential pay
- Health, dental, life and disability insurance
- On-sight health clinic & pharmacy
- Paid time off starts accruing upon hire at the following schedule:
- One year – 80 hours annually
- 1-4 years – 144 hours annually
- 5-9 years – 184 hours annually
- 10+ years – 224 hours annually
- Nine paid holidays
- Paid court time and overtime
- 401(a) / 457(b) retirement plans
- Employer paid POAB membership dues
Our starting salary depends on experience and qualifications.
Officers with experience or training could start at a higher rate.
$19.41 per hour / $40,357 per year
Duties include: general duties in the jail to include ensuring the safety and supervision of inmates
$20.38 per hour / $42,375 per year
Duties include: perform general law enforcement duties including the protection of life and property, enforcement of state criminal and traffic laws, warrant service, civil process service.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED, possess a valid GA driver’s license, have a satisfactory criminal history and motor vehicle record and must be a person of high moral character.